Visit to Vancouver. 2009. 31in x 35in Sanguine, Pastel, Canvas
Gennadiy Zhukov was born on October 31st, 1938 in village Seltso, Bryansk region, Russia.
In 1962 graduated from Rostov-on-Don Art College after M.B. Grekov
In 1969 graduated from Saint Petersburg State Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture. In 1970 moved to Donetsk, Ukraine. Since 2016 lives in Vancouver, Canada.
Member of the Ukrainian Artists Union since 1971
Member of the Ukrainian Artists committee, 1976-1981
Active member of Federation of Canadian Artists, since 2017
Participant of regional, republic and international art exhibitions and shows, from 1969:
- International symposium of Arts “Humanism”, Gorlovka, Ukraine, 1989
- Auction-exhibition “Ecology of nature – ecology of soul”. Best in show award, 1996
- Art show “Motives of nature and history of “Stone Tombs” National preserve”. Acknowledgement award, 1997
- International charity auction of modern art “ART-FOR”, Donetsk, Ukraine, 2000
- Exhibition “Sculpture–2005”, 2005
- Exhibitions “The Tale of Igor's Campaign in art and archaeological discoveries”, Svyatogorsk, Ukraine, 2005
2003/2007/2008 winner of best in show award “Donetsk and Donchane”,
Personal art exhibitions:
1975, 1988. 1999, 2008 – Donetsk, Ukraine
1989 – Magdeburg, Germany
1990, 2008 - Kiev, Ukraine
2010 - Exhibitions in Nurnberg, Germany
Participated in restoration and mural painting in churches and cathedrals in Ukraine, Russia, Belorussia and Poland, 1995-2007. Awarded with diplomas of the Union of Artists of Ukraine. Gennadiy Zhukov’s art is owned by museums in the Ukraine, Russia, Czech Republic and in private collections in Germany, Canada, United States, Greece, Austria and Switzerland.